No weary-shopper eye-roll here- my fingers are doing the walking! It leaves me with a bit more time to make a few homemade gifts too (as featured in my last post of recipes for homemade skin care gifts). Below are some ideas for “Green Gift Giving”, since most of them fall in line with the eco-style trends of the hipster folk!
1. Wool Dryer Balls (Eco-friendly, All-Natural, Fabric Softener)– AKA “Sheep Balls”- These bounce around with your wet clothes in the drier, aerating them and fluffing as they go. They break up clumps. allowing for quicker, more economical drying of clothes. I got some of these earlier this year and absolutely love them!
2. 100% Beeswax Tapers 10″ (8 Tapers)– Skip the toxic chemicals found in many candles; go au natural with these beeswax candles. Lovely, elegant, clean, green, & totally cool!
3. 100% Beeswax Tea Lights (24 case)– These fit nicely into the candle holders above. Plus they’re non-toxic & chemical-free. A good deal- 24 votives!
4. Himalayan Crystal Salt Tealight Candle Holder– I love mine. I put the little beeswax tea lights in it (below), and enjoy the mellow mood it sets.
5. Vintage-style Compost Container-This looks so cool on my counter. The plastic bucket insert won’t corrode (like my old container did), and a charcoal filter inside the lid keeps all smells fresh!
6. Apple & Potato Peeler– This little machine is so cool. Especially if you have an apple tree. We can process a lot of apples quickly, and throw ’em in the dehydrator. My model isn’t as nice as the vintage, cast-iron one selling on Amazon for around $20. Wish I’d seen it before I bought mine for much more money, from a Pampered Chef consultant!
7. Ceramic Olive Oil Dispensing Bottle– I love my coloring, opague olive oil bottle. Because the light can’t go through it, the oil stays fresher. It can sit out on the counter- very handy.