Here’s a version of the classic broccoli salad; a great dish for picnics and potlucks. Broccoli is one of those cruciferous, healthy veggies, so a tasty recipe that helps people eat it up is perfect. Serves 10.
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 TBS. sugar
- 1 TBS. white vinegar
- 6 c. fine-chopped broccoli
- 2/3 c. raisins, golden
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced fine
- 2/3 c. roasted, salted peanuts, chopped (or substitute crumbled bacon or roasted, salted cashews)
1. Mix the following in a big bowl: > 1/2 c. mayonnaise > 1 TBS. sugar > 1 TBS. white vinegar
2. To dressing, add: > 6-8 c. fine-chopped broccoli > 2/3 c. raisins, golden > 1/2 c. red onion, diced fine
3. Mix well. Before serving, top with: > 2/3 c. roasted, salted peanuts, chopped (or substitute crumbled bacon or roasted, salted cashews)
4. Prepare the dressing and broccoli a day ahead if desired; toss it all together at the last minute for extra freshness.