The combination of flavors here is perfect. Even without a party excuse, having these around will give reason to celebrate! I like using large scallops- they’re especially delicious. And this recipe is perfect for those Paleo folk looking for tasty gluten-free appetizers! Makes about 15 pieces, serves 5-8 people.
- 1 lb. frozen (or fresh) scallops, thawed (approx.. 15 or so)
- 8 oz. bacon (approx.)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- Parsely, basil, or spinach
1. Bite-sized, medium large scallops will use about one slice of thin-sliced bacon per piece. Grill the needed amount of bacon until just golden but still quite soft.
2. Set bacon aside, drain off excess fat, and turn pan back on high. Sear the scallops briefly in the bacon pan. Don’t fill pan too full, or scallops will steam and not brown.
3. Arrange a piece of basil, parsley, or even spinach on top of each scallop, plus half a cherry tomato. Wrap a soft-but-grilled piece of bacon around each scallop, and broil 5-10 minutes until bacon has browned more. (Or bake in 475 degree oven 10 minutes or so.)